In 2015, former AABANY Board member Steve Chung began a series of group mentoring workshops designed to break down abstract concepts like “networking” and “branding” and translate them into concrete, actionable strategies to help AABANY members advance their careers. This year, we will be continuing Steve’s efforts by transforming the group mentoring workshops into a formal Professional Development Coaching Series led by Marianne Chow and Jeff Ikejiri (Co-Chairs), and Christina Nguyen (Vice Chair). We are proud to kick off this year-long Series with one-on-one or small group sessions that will take place throughout the day at the 2017 Fall Conference, in which a distinguished group of faculty members will meet with participants to troubleshoot specific professional and personal development issues that may be impeding your career advancement. The goal is to help you come up with a game plan to address such development issues and help you move forward and rise up in the legal profession. Based on feedback from these sessions at the Fall Conference, the Professional Development Coaching Series leadership team will design hands-on, practical workshops throughout the year to develop those skills that are most critical to the participants and the larger AABANY membership.
The following accomplished attorneys will serve as faculty members providing professional development advice at the 2017 Fall Conference (additional faculty members may be recruited for subsequent workshops):
- Jung Choi, AABANY Director; Senior Counsel at Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Marianne Chow, AABANY Director; Counsel at Hearst Corporation
- Diane Gujarati, AABANY Director; Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York
- Mike Huang, former AABANY Director; Partner at Paul Hastings LLP
- Jeff Ikejiri, AABANY Co-Vice President of Programs and Operations; Vice President, Legal & Business Services at UnitedLex Corporation
- Ed Lee, Co-Chair of AABANY Corporate Law Committee; Partner at Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz
- Katherine Loanzon, Division Director, Parker + Lynch Legal, Special Counsel’s Attorney Search Division
- Rob Leung, former AABANY Director; Judiciary Committee and Career Placement Committee Co-Chair; Partner at Paul Hastings LLP
- Sonia Low, AABANY Director; General Counsel at The ONE Group Hospitality, Inc.
- Brian Song, AABANY Director; Co-Chair of Military & Veteran Affairs Committee; Partner at Baker Hostetler LLP
- Larry Wee, AABANY Director; Corporate Law Committee Co-Chair; Partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
If you are interested in taking part in these Professional Development Coaching Sessions, you can register at bit.ly/fc17pdcreg by September 15. (Fall Conference registration is required to participate in the Professional Development Coaching Sessions.) Each session is expected to run for 30 to 45 minutes. The faculty member assignment and time slot for each participant will be based on the responses received as well as the faculty members’ schedules.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.